iUsedToBeCute - Wall Hacker

iUsedToBeCute - Wall Hacker

Postby grimxsailor » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:39 pm

Horrible wall hacker, shooting us through walls. Myself and a few other clan members got him hacking
grimxsailor
SkuLL Member
SkuLL Member

Re: iUsedToBeCute - Wall Hacker

Postby RougeVanDuk » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:43 pm

grimxsailor wrote:Horrible wall hacker, shooting us through walls. Myself and a few other clan members got him hacking

Already in-game banned.

RougeVanDuk
SkuLL Member
SkuLL Member

Postby w3Ldon » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:08 pm

do you have video of such incidents? because lame bf3 net code a lot of times makes it seem like they are killing or shooting you behind walls.
w3Ldon
SkuLL Admin
SkuLL Admin

Postby RaptorIII » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:13 pm

I think we need to post a how to guide on identifying certain types of common hacks by looking at stats etc. I for one am still in the dark ages with regards to figuring out what 'style' they're using to hack. It's probably not as easy as this but it might be a good place to start to differentiate between netcode, lag and hacks. .

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
RaptorIII
SkuLL Member
SkuLL Member

Postby Piyratheon » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:04 am

Yeah, I would agree with w3ldon and Raptor.
Piyratheon
SkuLL Member
SkuLL Member

Postby battlemylog » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:38 am

grimxsailor,

What are you defining wall hacks as? Typically, wall hacks refer to a player having the ability to see other players through walls. Play CSGO for reference of when this happens a lot, and matters a lot to the outcome of the game. Aimbots seem to be far, far more common in the Battlefield series. That said, they typically go hand in hand with walls (think little red arrows for every player around you regardless of spotted or not). Either way, the aimbot is a much easier diagnosis to find evidence for.

It sounds like you might be referring to wall hacks as getting hit by someone after you have gotten behind a wall (ex. running across an alley to a room on the other side and dying after you get into the room). As w3Ldon pointed out, this is a commonly misunderstood occurrence, where the net code of BF3 is using data from other players to determine if bullets from their gun intersected your hit box. Because of connection delays between players and the server (ping), none of this can be figured out instantaneously, and the server is running a "netcode" to apply a mixture of smoothing and prediction to what you observe in game. Adjust "network smoothing factor" in game options to see how this impacts smoothness of movement. I would suggest always playing at a low value, say 10-20%. Player movement will become more jerky, but also more accurate in relation to what the server is comparing between bullet paths and hit boxes.

When players with higher pings (>150 ms) shoot you, there is a greater delay between server decisions. Consequently, your data says that you made it across the hallway. The other player's data says he shot you before you crossed. By the time this information is relayed to you, your body is in the room, seemingly safe and sound, with a bullet in the head.

Very rarely, people will toggle lag cheats to cause their player to have anomolously high jitter when they need to (i.e. crossing the alley). It exists, but don't expect many people to care to use it.

On next week's Admin Lessons, we will go over the "AAA" rule of being an admin: Always Assume Aimbot :D

ctd
battlemylog
SkuLL Admin
SkuLL Admin

Postby battlemylog » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:44 am

To comment on this specific player, iUsedToBeCute, his stats for the AEK and SCAR look like a good FPS player or closet colonel, based on the ~20%,20%,20% values for accuracy, headshot/kill ratio, damage/hit ratio, and KPM around 3. His RPK headshot/kill ratio is high but there are not enough kills with the weapon to say anything about it, and his KPM (<1.5) and accuracy (<20%) are lower.

https://www.247fairplay.com/CheatDetector/iUsedToBeCute

ctd
battlemylog
SkuLL Admin
SkuLL Admin

Postby RaptorIII » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:51 am

battlemylog wrote: What are you defining wall hacks...

... ctd

Can this get a thread of its own? I think it's useful information many could benefit from.

Also to add my 2 cents worth- I've learnt that not all high pings are equal. Packet loss is an absolute evil in gaming and can especially seem like you either don't hit anyone- or someone with an LMG 'one shotting' you. Jitter and unstable pings even if they're low is cause problems too. My advice, make sure your PC is the only device using the internet and make sure there are no downloads in the background, including windows update. Also- I've noticed, when the server has many (>10) high pings 250+ (like when it's day here) your gaming experience can degrade drastically. It's the game I guess. We love it with all its ups n downs.

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
RaptorIII
SkuLL Member
SkuLL Member

Postby Piyratheon » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:34 am

RaptorIII wrote:
battlemylog wrote: What are you defining wall hacks...

... ctd

Can this get a thread of its own? I think it's useful information many could benefit from.

Also to add my 2 cents worth- I've learnt that not all high pings are equal. Packet loss is an absolute evil in gaming and can especially seem like you either don't hit anyone- or someone with an LMG 'one shotting' you. Jitter and unstable pings even if they're low is cause problems too. My advice, make sure your PC is the only device using the internet and make sure there are no downloads in the background, including windows update. Also- I've noticed, when the server has many (>10) high pings 250+ (like when it's day here) your gaming experience can degrade drastically. It's the game I guess. We love it with all its ups n downs.

Yeah, my experience is same as Raptors.
Piyratheon
SkuLL Member
SkuLL Member

Return to Banned?