PRODUCTS NOT TO BUY!

Re: PRODUCTS NOT TO BUY!

Postby Inferno » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:12 pm

Not gonna say I told you so cause that would be mean. It sucks when they tell you to pay for shipping and you're going to be out a headset for 2 weeks. What I did when it happened to my turtle beach for the third time is buy a Razer and keep the Turtle Beach as a backup. For the same price I didn't get a volume and mute switch on my Razer but it's not broken within 3-4 months like Turtle Beach.

I implore everyone to switch to a different brand other then Turtle Beach. Some people like Steele Series. With any brand there is always a model or two that has its issues so check reviews.
Inferno

Postby SpaceMunkii » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:08 pm

you need to threaten that you are going to post on as many forums as you can find on the internet aswell as the social media sites with the pictures and the issues with them, they hate that, and considering the internet is the biggest promotional marketplace of all, they will bend over backwards to stop you from spamming pics and issues all over the net, i've done this many times with products and they always send me a brand new product, in some cases i've had upgrades.... and i'm 99% sure they will answer you with priority if you do this, it works a treat!
SpaceMunkii

Postby marionmorrison » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:23 pm

The picture says it all.
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

John Wayne
marionmorrison
SkuLL Admin
SkuLL Admin

Postby kzeka123 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:33 pm

Are you going to sell your soul to razer now?
kzeka123

Postby Sergeant Fox » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:12 pm

I owned a lot of turtle beaches when they were one of the only xbox headsets around and the reason I had so many is because they constantly break. They make junk products plain and simple.
Sergeant Fox

Postby Keo » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:24 pm

I bought some TB headphones and couldn't get the bloody things to work.

Buy some Afterglow. Never be disappointed.

http://www.amazon.com/PDP-Afterglow-Prismatic-Wireless-Headset-Xbox/dp/B00ELPXWXW
Keo

Postby Haller17 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:40 pm

Logitech Master Race.
Seriously though, their customer service is excellent, they have awesome products, and a long history of computer hardware.
There is only one God, and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: Not Today.
The Counsellor
Haller17

Postby SBBF3 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:45 am

Plamtronics Gamecom 780

http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/gamecom-780

I had this for almost 2 years, everyday use, not a single problem

It has a USB cable (no sound jack which is a lot better) crystal clear audio and microphone. surround sound stereo 7.1, Dolby enabled, music video game sound mode (software). Volume keys + microphone mute buttons are on it.

Very relaxed I wear it for like 4-5 hours straight a day or even more sometimes, never gave me a headache or pain around the ears.

Image Image
SBBF3

Postby Emperor-Sargruz » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:40 am

I use hercules recording products and Logitech.
The only truly reliable ones with great sound :)
To bad stupidity isn't painfull
Emperor-Sargruz

Postby Kompromised » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:54 am

I use the Turtle Beach XP 510's and have bought them through Best Buy since about 2010. Whenever they break I just turn them in for new ones or upgrade them and pay the difference. This seems to be the best value for your money, as you do not have to go through the evil customer service that is Turtle Beach.
Kompromised

Postby SpaceMunkii » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:56 am

As comfy as mine? really need a new pair, wiring is becoming loose, but cannot seem to find this colour anywhere anymore, just the white version bahhhhhhhh!

SpaceMunkii

Postby NickFury271 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:18 am

SpaceMunkii wrote:As comfy as mine? really need a new pair, wiring is becoming loose, but cannot seem to find this colour anywhere anymore, just the white version bahhhhhhhh!

I have a feeling Moxi would love a pair of those. :)
NickFury271

Postby kzeka123 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:35 am

nahhhh, they're skullcandy. Every skullcandy audio product I've had consisted of completely awful to meh sound quality. I feel like thats a reflection to their products in general.
kzeka123

Postby SpaceMunkii » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:07 am

kzeka123 wrote:nahhhh, they're skullcandy. Every skullcandy audio product I've had consisted of completely awful to meh sound quality. I feel like thats a reflection to their products in general.

I really like them (don't use them as much anymore as the wire is fragile), they're not on the level of the high quality Sony's or Sennheisers, but they were decent for DJ'ing, and the fluffy part closes around your ears to keep outside noise even lower, which immerses you more into your game or music, or so you can ignore your significant other even more mwahahaha
Last edited by SpaceMunkii on Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpaceMunkii

Postby NickFury271 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:08 am

kzeka123 wrote:nahhhh, they're skullcandy. Every skullcandy audio product I've had consisted of completely awful to meh sound quality. I feel like thats a reflection to their products in general.

Yeah but their pink and I am pretty sure Moxi likes pink. :D
NickFury271

Postby SBBF3 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:15 pm

gantt5 wrote:Not gonna lie, those headphones look damn comfy SB.

They are :D very relaxed and no pain after a while :)
Image Image
SBBF3

Return to Computer Hardware