Looking for a decent cheap laptop/notebook

Re: Looking for a decent cheap laptop/notebook

Postby CrackerWacker » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:30 am

CrackerWacker

Postby Sergeant Fox » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:52 am

I don't understand why your looking at products without reviews. Why gamble with your money Amazon Search, Under $500, 4 stars and Up, With an i3 or i5

Found this one as well Acer Aspire E1-572-6870 15.6 Inch Laptop Intel i5 4200U (pretty much the same model as CrackerWacker's)
Sergeant Fox

Postby Clockwork » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:56 am

I always search with reviews. If I find one that I'm interested in, I look up reviews online. Thanks for the link too :D
Clockwork
SkuLL Member
SkuLL Member

Postby Frankgt3 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:18 am

ASUS and Toshibas are pretty good for their price. I have owned a few Acers in the past, as well as Gateways, and all of them had battery problems. They just stop working, thing is that they look pretty good and have lots of features for the price. I have around a Toshiba laptop with 10 years aprox, maybe more and that thing still works.
Frankgt3
SkuLL Jíbaro
SkuLL Jíbaro

Postby kzeka123 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:53 am

ASUS everyday notebooks= complete loads of shit. My mother has a taichi, and I swear to god, ASUS loaded it with its own software to control pretty much everything, so far I've been fixing it every few months. The software breaks everything after every little update of anything. Somehow a windows update managed to make the power management system break which glitched the BIOS and made it so the backlight wouldn't turn on. It was a $900 gameboy color until ASUS gave their magical "fix" of flashing the BIOS and rolling the version back. Because you know, everyone who buys those notebooks from staples/bestbuy definitely knows how to do that.
kzeka123

Postby Frankgt3 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:02 pm

kzeka123 wrote:ASUS everyday notebooks= complete loads of shit. My mother has a taichi, and I swear to god, ASUS loaded it with its own software to control pretty much everything, so far I've been fixing it every few months. The software breaks everything after every little update of anything. Somehow a windows update managed to make the power management system break which glitched the BIOS and made it so the backlight wouldn't turn on. It was a $900 gameboy color until ASUS gave their magical "fix" of flashing the BIOS and rolling the version back. Because you know, everyone who buys those notebooks from staples/bestbuy definitely knows how to do that.

It is true, ASUS comes with lot of crappy useless softwares preinstalled that you might want to get rid off, after that no problems at all. There are 3 ASUS laptops so far on my house, I formatted the whole computer of the one that I use more often and installed another OS, zero problems and so far I love it. Problems I had with HP is the warranty, awful service.
Frankgt3
SkuLL Jíbaro
SkuLL Jíbaro

Postby kvasryekalbasa » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:38 pm

My mother stil uses a 15 year old toshiba. Works fine. Not fast but fine.
kvasryekalbasa

Postby kzeka123 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:24 pm

I've never had a toshiba, but my dad has one. The fact that he hasn't asked for help from me once, kinda reflects in my mind that they're good.
kzeka123

Return to General Chatter