Mic Help!

Mic Help!

Postby 1inamillion » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:29 am

Hi fellas!

Okay so I joined your vent using My Rig and one of the boys headsets the other day ... worked fine.

Have returned home and plugged my headset in (tried both front and back ports) and the headphones are working fine but the mic isn't.
When I plug it all in it notifies me I've plugged in both headphones (green jack) and mic (pink jack) but when I go to set up the mic nothing is registering on windows?

Albeit a year old the headset has never seen the light of day until this morning.
I've tried rolling back drivers but there isn't the option to do that?

Any ideas?

Cheers!

<3
Fucking Brilliant If You're A Duck.
1inamillion

Re: Mic Help!

Postby Frankgt3 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:50 am

Did you check vent output settings? Or is it for the whole computer?
Frankgt3
SkuLL Jíbaro
SkuLL Jíbaro

Postby 1inamillion » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:50 pm

It seems to be the whole PC suffering and tried the vent settings just incase.

Never mind!
Will order some new ones tomorrow! :)

:)
1inamillion

Postby 1inamillion » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:50 am

Okay guys,

Really sorry but need to pick your brains [Again]!

I have tumbled aimlessly through pages and pages of stupid interweb reviews on headsets after discovering today I feel lost with no noise and nowhere to screech to.

Does anyone have any brand recommendations or favourites?
I'm looking to Amazon prime something to arrive while I'm at work so the world can be good again :)

Thanks!
1inamillion

Postby Collarmobia » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:27 pm

10 different people will have 10 different recommendations. A few of us use the Plantronics 780. Dolby 7.1 surround, good mic. And it's only about $80. I chose it due to the price and the fact that I've used Plantronics phone equipment at work for years.
I'm in an abusive relationship with life. She keeps beating the hell out of me.
But, I'm too scared to leave her.
Collarmobia
SkuLL Admin
SkuLL Admin

Postby Digital Deranged » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:26 pm

Turtle Beach has a very nice selection of headsets across a good sized range of prices. I'd say give their website a look and see if anything sticks out as awesome. I've been using an X12 for PC gaming, XB360 and music for the past few years and all the components work as perfect as the day I bought it.

Good luck to you during your hunt.
Digital Deranged

Postby 1inamillion » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:41 pm

Liking it!

Im having a quick read but one of my friends has the Platronics and didn't have any problems so I'm swaying!
Plus the price is a BARRRGAIN.

Thanks again :) <3
1inamillion

Postby Belethox » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:57 am

May be a bit late - but in the meantime you can try Ventriloid, an app for android which works great (once you get on the server, it can be quite annoying to get connected sometimes). And if you dont have android im pretty sure something similiar exists for Apple products.
You haven't failed until you stop trying -Albert Einstein
Nothing worth having comes easy -JD from Scrubs, I think? maybe they stole it. I dont really care.
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone -Neale Donald Walsch
Belethox
SkuLL Member
SkuLL Member

Postby aPhantomKnight » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:18 pm

I have a spare turtle beach headset that I'd be willing to donate. It's just chilling, collecting some dust. Up to you if you wanna go that route. I've had it for a long time, they still work great (:

This is the headset I have.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005EQE0YM

If you wanted to just purchase something new, I'd probably go with the Plantronics, Logitech is okay but be wary of inconsistency. Logitech makes good headsets, but sorta random at which price point is good/bad & what models. HyperX Cloud's are what I use, and my brother too. I've convinced some of the other clan guys to purchase them as well. If you wanna stay around/under $50, go Plantronics or a highly reviewed Logitech. Steel Series & Corsair are great brands as well. That's your best bet IMHO. Anyways, good luck!
Image Image
aPhantomKnight

Postby RougeVanDuk » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:57 am

I'm also looking for a headset since i've been upgrading all the pc stuff, and probably will go for this:

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Gaming-Wi ... BB96PJJNS3

By the way, check out in vent ---> Setup--->Input device & Mixer device as well Inbound and Outbound amplifiers and choose according to your hardware devices.

Good hunting!

RougeVanDuk
SkuLL Member
SkuLL Member

Postby 1inamillion » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:48 am

Aww thanks lovely but managed to get the Platronics one with a discount and next day delivery! i was becoming urgent haha!
Needed to get back on and batter everyones ears! :D
1inamillion

Postby flisch_ » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:45 pm

Collarmobia wrote:10 different people will have 10 different recommendations. A few of us use the Plantronics 780. Dolby 7.1 surround, good mic. And it's only about $80. I chose it due to the price and the fact that I've used Plantronics phone equipment at work for years.

Actually funny, cuz I bougt the 780 years ago when my old mic broke. I did not pay thaaaat much attention to what I was buying and since then I discover that it seems like everyone I know got the exact same one aswell haha. Even years afterwards that makes me feel like by buying the headset I did at least one thing right in my life :D :D :D
flisch_
SkuLL Member
SkuLL Member

Return to Computer Hardware