We need 4 people in the mornings to get BF4 server going

We need 4 people in the mornings to get BF4 server going

Postby Collarmobia » Fri May 29, 2015 6:17 am

I've looked back at the successful days we've had on the BF4 server, as well as the BF3 server. What they have in common was there were 4 SkL members on the server which is enough to start an actual game. The players that come into the server don't want to sit around and wait for a game to start any more than we do.

Quite a few of us said, yes we want a BF4 server. If we want one, we have to put in the work. I know it's more fun to go find a full server and play. I'm guilty of it myself. But until we start drawing a regular group of players to our server, we need to focus on it.

Also, when we do get a couple of people in, we need to take it a bit easy on them. We have players that can dominate a server. I'm not one of them, but we do. We need to show some self control and let the players enjoy themselves and not rage quit.
Last edited by Collarmobia on Fri May 29, 2015 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm in an abusive relationship with life. She keeps beating the hell out of me.
But, I'm too scared to leave her.
Collarmobia
SkuLL Admin
SkuLL Admin

Re: We need 4 people in the mornings to get BF4 server going

Postby Collarmobia » Fri May 29, 2015 7:50 pm

Kompromised helped me for a while this afternoon. After about 30 minutes, we had 2 blueberries then had a game going. Within a few more minutes, we were up to 8. Then the round ended and everyone but myself and one blueberry left.

Trying to think of why. I think it is the 286 kill count or 60 minutes to end the round. When the server is full, you get to 286 in about 15 minutes. With only a few, you don't each it within an hour. I think that gets to be too long. Is there anyway to make this variable according to the number of players?
Collarmobia
SkuLL Admin
SkuLL Admin

Postby Frankgt3 » Fri May 29, 2015 9:35 pm

Easy fix:

1- Leave the 286 ticket count

2- Lower in-game time to 10-15 minutes, even if we are 4 we don't have to play for an hour the same map

3- One round each map, spawn points are random so we don't need to play each map twice.

These makes the game fast paced as any TDM should be.
Frankgt3
SkuLL Jíbaro
SkuLL Jíbaro

Postby ares810770 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:24 am

Frankgt3 wrote:Easy fix:

1- Leave the 286 ticket count

2- Lower in-game time to 10-15 minutes, even if we are 4 we don't have to play for an hour the same map

3- One round each map, spawn points are random so we don't need to play each map twice.

These makes the game fast paced as any TDM should be.

we can try this out
ares810770
SkuLL Admin
SkuLL Admin

Postby Collarmobia » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:06 am

The problem with your plan is that the time limit cannot be changed on the fly and I don't think it can be changed in ProCon. If the server is full, it will reach 286 tickets in about 20 minutes. With a time limit of 10-15 minutes it will never reach 286.
Collarmobia
SkuLL Admin
SkuLL Admin

Return to Other Games