Why have a ban appeal forum if you don't unban?

Why have a ban appeal forum if you don't unban?

Postby Ace » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:36 pm

My friends and I were recently banned on one of your servers. We were on Kharg Island Rush, and Frankgt3, the admin that banned us, was struggling to kill us (he was in a jet vs my two friends in the heli and I was in a jet) and after the numerous times we killed him, I imagine he must've gotten frustrated.

We were banned for "hacking". So, because we're a skill group, one of our members posted on the ban appeal forum to unban us because, I mean we don't hack. So Frank replies with links to 24/7 Fairplay.com on all of our accounts. Every stat seemed normal EXCEPT for the K/H stat which was much higher than AVERAGE. Guess what else is much higher that average. Our skill.

I decided to intervene and explained the misunderstanding and asked him to take a second look at us because we're running out of servers to play on. I shared with him links to cheat-o-meter with all of our accounts. We were all clean. Not only that but I also offered to send him gameplay from each of us for him to watch just so he can see that we truly are legit. I linked my youtube as well.

He replied with a no and locked the thread. Almost like he didn't even want to TRY and even SEE if we were really hackers.

I feel he knows deep down we don't hack. Hackers one shot anyone in any air vehicle and kill your soldier before disabling your vehicle. It's obvious and seems like he just wants to get rid of competition.

So if you're not even going to try why have an unban forum? Can we have another admin besides Frank look at this? Thanks.

-Ace

ps: do you guys know dustbuhny? he's a popular admin/owner of C2C. All he does is use air vehicles. Considering that, look at his K/H https://www.247fairplay.com/CheatDetector/dustbuhny It's so high because of air vehicles, same reason ours is just that high. Doesn't mean we hack.
Ace

Re: Why have a ban appeal forum if you don't unban?

Postby DistanceDecay » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:07 pm

Seeing your fairplay stats, I would've done the same. We work really hard to keep our server hacker free, and those stats are sketch. Frank is pretty on point with spotting hackers, so I trust his judgement. Throwing a fit because you don't like the decision isn't going to win you any points either.

We have a ban appeal forum for people to "plead their case" so to speak. Ban Appeal does not equal automatic ban removal. Sometimes we remove them, sometimes we don't. Depends on a number of factors.

Have fun on another server. Or maybe start your own, as unless someone higher ranking than me (such as Frank) gives the ok, you won't be on our server again.
DistanceDecay
SkuLL Admin
SkuLL Admin

Postby Ace » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:34 pm

Thank you for reasoning, but everyone makes mistakes. Even the people you trust most. But 24/7 Fairplay can't be the only source you look at. Since you work hard to keep your server hacker-free, I hope you work just as hard to make sure they are in-fact hackers and not just highly skilled players.

If anything my stats make sense. I have a high K/H because I'm always in air vehicles. A hacker would have much better accuracy and other ridiculous stats like less shots missed etc.

I don't care what I have to do to prove to you. If it's gameplay you want, you got it. Or if you want to watch me play then you also got it, I'm comfortable with streaming. You have to consider every variable.

Also, I didn't throw a fit, I'm sorry if I came off that way, I understand the decision as I've been mistaken as a hacker before, I just don't agree with punishing innocent players for a mistake.

-Ace
Ace

Postby battlemylog » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:51 pm

Judging by your name and association to these players with similar stats, I assume you are the AcE_ReLoco that was banned about a week ago?

Myself and a couple other admins have discussed the high K/H ratio that shows up in your stats. I would agree that makes sense for it to correlate with high vehicle usage. The problem is that we really don't have a good way of evaluating your vehicle stats for cheating, be it an aimbot or damage mod, because of the lack of data tracking for hit percentage and damage per hit for vehicles in BF3.

With that said, your gameplay was noted as suspicious by a couple admins, in terms of a very short time to kill and the distance at which you were killing (with jets and helis). If that's cheating, shame on you. If that's not, good on you.

We do our best to run our server as a Noob's friendly environment. We previously rank limited, and now SPM limit. You guys trickled through the cracks with your high "skill" and low SPM. You guys came and had your fun. Now it's time to host your own air server and have fun dueling each other.

ctd
battlemylog
SkuLL Admin
SkuLL Admin

Postby Ace » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:10 pm

I've seen that guy before but no not sure who he is.

Correct, but I can make up with video proof and even a list of people siding with me that I'm legit.

As for the time to kill, Rush jets have cannons that are extremely powerful, it takes only a couple shots to disable.
As for the distance, I don't recall shooting from across the map or anything, I'd say I was in reasonable range or was engaged in a dogfight and was super close range. As for my friends, they were shooting from a far range, but this has been done many times before and can be done again at any time. Nothing suspicious besides good aim.

I understand. Please do note that the amount of servers available for us to play is shrinking and each populated server is worth very much to us. We can tone it down and use ground vehicles and play as infantry if you wish.
Ace

Postby Frankgt3 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:34 am

247 is not the only against your group, so is Metabans. I'm sorry you're running out of servers because of so many bans, and a name change won't work here. And yes, rush jets are way powerful... So was the gunner from the helicopter destroying the same jet from across the map near from out of bounds instantly. Recordings and videos are useless proof to us as they can be played conveniently by the player appealing. Ban will remain.

PD: That bunny guy is interesting, nearly 6 thousand hours flying and nothing on infantry. Wonder how he learned to fly before shooting a gun.
Frankgt3
SkuLL Jíbaro
SkuLL Jíbaro

Postby TT_Swiffer » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:41 pm

If by bunny guy you mean me, I am a far cry away from 6000 hours flying (#1 jet on PC has 4000 hours) I have 475 on PC, but I am just a poor console scrub. I only came to PC like a year ago... Which is why I don't play infantry as much as some people, it was never really my thing. Battlefield is a vehicle based game (tdm aside)

Also ya that one time I hit you across the map was with a TV missile, seeing as you have only one attack helicopter star I can see how that would be confusing to you. Maybe you should check out some videos on youtube about how to operate vehicles in BF3, as there are some really good guides out there being the game is like 5 years old now.
TT_Swiffer

Postby BZ-MikeH » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:39 pm

Frank made the ban so he has the last call on this, I will not step over him on this.

I will say telling people to check out videos on how to play the game isn't helping you at all. The leaders in this clan have played this game, and ran this server since early beta. We have seen better pilots and all around players come and go more times then we can remember. We do not ban on the fly, and have a wide range of methods to help us identify cheaters or just unwanted players on our servers. Best of luck to you, But the bans will stay
"i went to my family reunion and didnt get hit on this year" - manbearpig
"Pops I'll taste your rainbow if you wanna" - manbearpig
"I was always convinced you were gay ManBear" - Marvalicity
"how do you get it that long?" - Jehovah
:character-yoshi: :character-luigi: :character-mario: :character-bowser:
BZ-MikeH
SkuLL Founder
SkuLL Founder

Postby Ace » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:56 pm

Best of luck lads.
Ace

Return to Battlefield 3